Anyone dancing around => “your voicemail is at 90%” => because you have business voicemails on your iPhone that you HAVE to Keep?!!! Well… I am starting off 2016 – withOUT that problem. I found an article on how to access/save voicemails from your iPhone to your hard drive. I would just include the article link, but I ran into some interesting “challenges”/messages that needed to be ignored (at least on my MAC ;~D).
Macroplant.com’s article on: How to…Save & Export iPhone Voicemail to Your Mac or PC http://bit.ly/1MPpSDk
To begin the article will tell you that you need:
1. An iPhone, iPad, or iPod
2. A Mac or PC with iTunes installed
3. USB cable to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
4. The Internet Explorer Browser for the MAC or PC (see above: Macroplant.com’s article supplied a link for the Mac version’s installation)
So here is what happened to me on my MAC with my iPhone connected:
1. I opened IE for the MAC… (Disclaimer => I won’t use the IE MAC browser for anything else, but complying with this article ;~D)
2. First Hurdle – IE for the MAC asking me to BUY it – I don’t think so – ignore and chose Continue with Demo (bottom right corner)
3. Second Hurdle – Once you click on continue – you are met with this screen – where you might think your phone is NOT connected… Ignore and click on Browse iTunes Backups
4. Once you do that – all you will have to do is look on the left panel and open up the iPhone back up/voicemail that you need.
I might add that my iPhone will backup automatically (through iTunes)when I connect it to my laptop, so I had that day’s voicemail right away. If you don’t see your latest voicemails – you will need to run a backup in the iTunes app)
5. Third Hurdle – the article says to “export” the voice files, but that took me back to “Buy the Internet Explorer” => AGAIN => I don’t think so. You can simply drag and drop the files into the Finder. If you are paranoid (like me ;~D) highlight the file in the Finder, click and play, once they are copied to your hard drive. I would then advise to perform a Time Machine back up and TaaDaa!!
6. Great way for me to start 2016!! No more “Your voicemail is almost full” warnings!! It’s the little things in Life… Let me know if this worked for you in the comments bellow!